We are pleased to share this update from the ClearView Fiduciary Alliance as we continue to pursue our mission to “Help Foundation, Endowment and Not-for-Profit Boards Make More Informed Investment Decisions.”
- Continued Growth – With 40 Member organizations in NC, SC and DC, the ClearView Fiduciary Alliance has continued to experience solid growth as we have expanded the support we provide our Members. Our Membership roster is available here.
- Q4 2017 Peer Analysis - In mid-February, we issued the Q4 2017 Foundation, Endowment and Non-Profit Peer Investment Analysis. This quarterly analysis included 40 long-term investment portfolios. This ClearView Peer Analysis also incorporated the MSCI InvestorForce Foundation and Endowment Universe of 865 foundations, endowments and not-for-profit organizations from around the country into the quarterly peer reports of investment performance and asset allocations that it provides to its Members and their Advisers.
- Quarterly Member Conference Call – On February 6, 2018, we conducted a quarterly conference call to provide ClearView Fiduciary Alliance Members and Advisers with a summary of the investment results of foundations, endowments and not-for-profit portfolios for the 4th quarter of 2017.
- Annual Investment Policy Study – In March we published our annual study of the Investment Policy Statements of our ClearView Members and will publish this confidential report in the coming days. In recent years, this study has proven insightful and instructive for our Members as they have reviewed and updated their Investment Policy Statements to reflect best practices in governance, oversight and asset allocation for their respective organizations’ investment programs.
- Annual Members Meeting – The ClearView Annual Members Meeting was held on March 14, 2018. This is invitation-only meeting for the executives and board members of the ClearView organizations focused on sharing the results of Clearview’s ongoing research and analysis and provided our Members with a unique opportunity to network with their fiduciary peers.
- Upcoming Research – In the coming weeks, we will begin planning for a comprehensive study of investment fees for small and mid-size foundations, endowments and not-for-profit organizations. Our objective for this research will be to provide our Members with a better understanding of the structure and level of fees typically incurred in the implementation of the investment programs for similar organizations.
- Expanded Service – RFP Coaching – In response to requests from ClearView members, we have recently introduced an RFP “Coaching” service available exclusively to our Member organizations. Within the last nine months, we have assisted nine ClearView Members with their search for an investment advisor. Our role in these projects is to guide our Member Investment Committees through a streamlined process based on industry best practices to facilitate their consideration of the relevant factors to consider in selecting an investment advisor.
To learn more about the ClearView Fiduciary Alliance, please contact:
Larry D. Coats, Jr.
Larry D. Coats, Jr. is President and CEO of ClearView by KDI, LLC, the sponsor of the ClearView Fiduciary Alliance. With three decades of investment industry experience, Larry has served as a Board member and on the Investment Committees of multiple foundations and endowments and has also served as a Trustee for an SEC-registered mutual fund.
About ClearView – The ClearView Fiduciary Alliance is a membership-based service of ClearView by KDI, LLC. ClearView’s mission is “to help foundation, endowment and not-for-profit Board and Executives make better investment decisions by being more informed and better educated. ClearView is not an investment adviser and it does not provide investment management services. It is a resource for Executives and Board members who are focused on being better investment fiduciaries. Its core offering is a robust, web-based system that provides its Members with independent, objective and confidential quarterly peer investment performance and portfolio allocation analysis specifically targeted to small and mid-size foundations, endowments and not-for-profit organizations. With a base of more than 35 regional Members (representing more than $1.1 billion) and a database of nearly 800 similar portfolios from across the county, ClearView is uniquely positioned to help Boards and Investment Committees understand and analyze their investment programs and the results of their investment advisers and consultants.